- Instant Savings: Get an additional $50.00 Now – Enter Coupon Code: Pace50 in shopping cart. (hurry, limited time offer)
- Choose Full Metal or Armortek Vinyl over Aluminum Deck: Armortek is made with aluminum panels and classic soft tonneau textured vinyl or a mattle black vinyl over the top. This is the mid-level model from Pace-Edwards. Full Metal is all metal with either a gloss black or matte black powder-coated finish.
- Great for 5th wheel & Gooseneck Hitches: This is a very versatile cover.
- Built For All Weather Purposes: From heavy snow country like the badlands of South Dakota, to desert hot in Arizona, this cover is built to handle all the elements.
- Low-Profile: Incorporates a front canister that has a flush-fit mount, which the cover & side rails are flat & fits adequately over your tailgate as well as your black powder-coated bed rails.
- Ready to Take It On: Security, function & style all in one. Bed cover that is made to handle anything from blizzards, heavy snowstorms, thunder/hail storms, rain showers, and treacherous desert heat.
- Locked When Shut or Completely Open: This model locks tight, over your tailgate when it is shut and can also be secured in place when it’s fully open. A strap that one would pull is what is used to pull the cover shut when open. The JackRabbit Original is like a few other models where you can lock intermittently every 12″ in various places on the pickup bed. Which also has the twist lock, which allows you to open the cover without having to open the tailgate.
- Open & Close in a Matter of Seconds: A continuous tension spring helps the Original cover retract fluently for fast opening and closing with little effort.
- Retracting Layout + Hard Cover Top: Unlock from the twist lock on top of the cover and slide it up to the front, without even having to open the tailgate. Compact canister for maximum storage and/or max hauling capacity.
- Installing Using Clamps: The bed cover can be installed with simple hand tools. This does come in 2 boxes. 1 for the cover and canister together, all pre-assembled and then a 2nd box with the side rails. Drilling is not required.
- Front Canister Removable (By Choice): T front canister on this cover can be completely removed for full access to the truck bed. The canister size is 9.75″ wide by 9.25″ deep.
- Full Length Handle & Pull Strap Close: Over the tailgate makes the opening cover from either side easy and the pull strap is super convenient to use to close the cover backup.
- Sleek Profile: Fit for your exact year, make, model, and pickup bed size. Which includes vinyl over thrust aluminum designed for factory-style like, styling and fit.
- Optional Explorer Series Rails: Select models available with Explorer Rails. These side rails are t-slotted and can be used with the Elevated truck rack, utility rig, or contractor rack along with other yakima, thule, and rhino rack accessories. View Explorer Series Rails
- Manufacturing from Washington: This is built for all-weather, all-around season use. Holds the mountain snow loads and can handle all the heavy rain. Any water that this cover encounters will drain through the built-in canister tubes.
Order Fitment Notes on Rails: The cargo management, utili-track, or deck rail system options refer to the factory installed rail system designed to hold moveable cargo cleats along the inside of your truck bed.
If you are thinking you may want a rack, the Jackrabbit or Bedlocker with explorer series rails or the Ultragroove series would be better options. This model may partially cover your stake pocket holes (depending on model) which would make it difficult to mount a stake pocket mount truck rack.
Not sure what size bed you have? Check out the How To Measure Your Truck Bed Video.
The JackRabbit original is the mid-level, hard retracting tonneau from Pace Edwards. Choose from full metal or armortek vinyl over aluminum with standard or explorer series rails. Features Armortek vinyl padded aluminum that gives you every bit of a benefit as a hard retractable would, but this has the sleek, smooth, classic vinyl finish, choose form textured vinyl or matte black vinyl. The full metal style comes in all metal gloss black powered coat or matte black. The armortek or full metal also are available with explorer series rails for t-slot or c-channel racks and accessories. Manufactured in the state of Washington means it’s built for all the weather that mother nature throws at us. From the rain, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms, all the way to our scorching hot summer heat. This is a manual, retractable bed cover that has a full-length handle release which gives you the ability to open it on the driver or passenger side of the tailgate area, with an added pull strap style release. Since this is a base level model, it can only be stored in a closed or completely open position. The cover then auto-locks when it is closed without a key, which results in having to open your tailgate to open the cover. A tailgate lock in needed to lock your tailgate as the cover does not have that option.
The JackRabbit however does come shipped to you in 2 boxes. The side rails which clamp on the bed rails of your pickup’s cargo box and the canister with the cover inside of that, which clamps onto those rails. This model also features a quick canister removal, so if you need all of your bed for anything, in particular, you can remove that canister quickly and re-attach at a later time. The spring-loaded design makes it easy to fully open or close the cover within a matter of seconds. This is one retractable bed cover that keeps your gear and tools secure when it is closed but offers the function to retract it open for full bed access or when hauling large items from quads to dirt bikes and more. Upgrade your pickup with a JackRabbit tonneau.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning